Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Nation Building

I have nothing to say about who I am voting for or if I am voting in the upcoming election; I am still undecided.  I will obviously not be voting for Americas idol, Obama.  But that is about how far I have come in deciding what to do. When I asked Jason what he thought about Paul Ryan and whether he thought that Paul made Romney eligible, he said, "who cares."  We laughed and then Jason went on to tell me what he always tells me about politics....politics do not matter much.  Gasp and revolt but know that this is what came from his mouth.  If Rush where listening what would he say, what would he do.  I love listening to talk radio around election time.  It has the same feel as a soap-opera.....drama, death, doom and a whole lot of scandal.  I get tense when I submerge myself for to long in the dark land of talk radio.  I often need to come up for a breath of fresh air and remember that our view is not limited to this earth.  We christians walk differently, we have a different view.  Our eyes look up and remember that all that is going on in our nation is small in comparision to the sky and what is beyond that sky.  We remember that it is this sky that Abraham looked up at and had faith in God. We remember Jacob seeing a ladder in this sky.  We remember the magi looking up and knowing that the Messiah had come.  We know that we are in a story and it is God's story. We remember in that in this point of history we are something more then Americans getting ready to make the biggest decison of our lives (vote or don't vote).  We remember who we are in Christ.  We remember our citizenship in heaven.  We remember that however we vote (or don't vote) should be done to the glory of God giving thanks to Him for our wonderful country.  This should also be a time where we go and seek God's blessing on our nations behalf, knowing that it is He who rules here.  Nation building is done by God, not men.  It took God turning Nebuchadnezzar into a cow to learn this lesson!!  May all we do be done to the glory of God.  And happy deciding as we enter this election period!!

No comments:

Post a Comment